Friday 30 January 2015

Why travel?

Travelling. One of my main aspirations in life is to travel, to see the world. I'm sure many of you share this desire, especially those of you who are young, finishing uni and thinking what the hell do I do with myself now?! Your probably thinking, like me, I want to do something big, worthwhile, special, life-changing which will be full of memories and most importantly loads of fun!











I mean, these days its almost a right of passage, particularly heading off to Thailand and exploring the worlds sights whilst completing the stereotypical quest of 'finding yourself'. I think travelling should be something everyone participates in, unfortunately its an expensive business, however its possible by saving up!













Why not see the world that has been created for you to explore? The discovery of different cultures may put your life into perspective or encourage you to lead a life similar to theirs. Also, travelling allows to you make friends, possibly friends for life. Going it alone with a couple of mates will put your friendship to the test, having to direct yourself across different continents, jumping on a off trains, comforting someone when they are ill, all these trials and tribulations will bring you closer to those around you. So, top tip, pick to go travelling with friends you know you can rely on!













Now, I am sure you are envisaging going 'travelling' as you and a couple of mates with a few backpacks, hiking around Thailand, partying on the beach and absorbing the culture, however this is not always the case. Travelling can mean going anywhere for any amount of time, so don't let that image put you off. If your limited in funding but still want to get away, jet off on a European city break, there is so much to see in the cities of Europe! I think for me, going inter-railing around Europe, often the cheaper alternative to jumping straight into Aisa, is a great preliminary step to the big year out. And its on my bucket list!




















As always, back to my best friend +BuzzFeed  here are a few inspirational videos to encourage you to take the plunge and do it, after all, YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE!





Where will you start?


No comments:

Post a Comment