Sunday 30 August 2015

August- Jess Glynne

Jess Glynne. A name that we have heard many a time this year and what a summer she has had. After having a tough start breaking into the music industry, Glynne has made 2015 her year with 'Hold My Hand', 'Not Letting Go' with Tinie Tempah (my favourite of Glynne's hits) and the most recent addition 'Don't Be So Hard On Yourself' which is also incredibly catchy. Prior to this her collaborations with Gorgon City for 'Right Here, Route 94 for 'My Love' and Clean Bandit for 'Rather Be' have all hit the charts. Since hitting the music scene Glynne has enjoyed 5 UK number ones making her the second female artist to do this after Cheryl Cole, although Jess has achieved this in 18 months rather than Cheryl's 5 years.


However, as with any mounts of success Jess has overcome some hurdles this year when she under went surgery on her vocal chords. She has however bounced back in style and is still owning the charts, especially with her release of her album 'I Cry When I Laugh' which has shot to the number one spot on the UK album chart. Miss Glynne I hope still has plenty to give, and I'm sure both you and I are looking forward to more of those feel good hits.


The vid for Not Letting Go- if you've not seen it check it out, its brilliant.


No comments:

Post a Comment