Wednesday 30 December 2015

Favourites of 2015

So thats it. Another year over! Tomorrow evening we shall welcome in the new year as we do every year with plenty of champagne and linking arms to sing auld lang sang syne, which many of us still don't know the words too! Once again 2015 will become another year of filled with memories and another year in the grand scale of your life. 

So as we do as we approach every new year, lets reflect on the best bits of 2015. So here at my top moments of 2015, I hope many of you will also attempt this and give it a post on your blog.

Favourite month of 2015

Starting with a biggie, what was my favourite month of 2015? Cast your minds back across the last 12 months. Think about all you have witnessed and what you have achieved. As a lover of summer, my favourite month came in June. It was the beginning of my very long summer, knowing I had weeks off from studying and look forward. I kicked off June with a holiday to Greece which ultimately began my summer holiday and involved plenty of partying, kickstarting my tan and swimming in the med.

Favourite summer moment

This follows on from my last point really, in summertime, whilst we continue to work, more things seem to happen. This is due to sunny skies, beer gardens and often a holiday. My favourite moment of the summer came when I sat and watched the sunrise in Greece, not just once but several times and it was beautiful and made me appreciate the Earth we inhabit. Cheesy I know!

Favourite film release of 2015

It has to be Spectre. James Bond is brilliant. Daniel Craig made his last and another epic appearance in this film as Mr Bond and will be sadly missed. I think this was his best bond film yet, full of British humour, a strong storyline and for me as a romantic, a bit of romance. I will miss you Daniel Craig but will wait in anticipation for the next Bond to be announced.



Favourite song release of 2015 

I love Adele. Her album 21 was genius and was played over and over in my house. When knowing she was to release another in late 2015, I was so excited. Therefore my song has to be 'Hello'. It was instantly brilliant accompanied by an awesome video. Well done Adele, you still have me singing every word.


Favourite book

Love, Rosie. Firstly its a rom-com, secondly its set in Dublin (unlike the film) and thirdly its hilarious. The humour and quick wit in this book make it a great read. There are also so many 'aw but they were so close' moments and surprises it makes a thrilling book to pick up.



Favourite TV series

I had never really watched Game of Thrones before 2015. Yes of course I had heard of it, both the wonderful and gruesome stories, however I was put off by the the many episodes I had to catch up with. It was the best decision to begin watching it, its epic; confusing yet amazing. Despite the ridiculously hot Kit Harrington and gorgeous co star Richard Madden, the series is really addictive with many shocking moments which clings you to the television.

Favourite colour

This is more of a question of which colour I felt summed up the year for me. I would have to say 2015 has been the colour of orange. The summer was brilliant and is associated with sunrises. The Autumn this year has also been great, as achieved some more goals towards my journalistic career.

Favourite food 

Tapas. Ive been to many restaurants this year all over the country. From London to Norfolk and Ive found a new love for tapas. It gives you whatever you fancy, lots of little pieces and many flavours. You can have it as a snack, its also perfect lunch food and in turn evening food if you fancy a light meal. With tapas come paella, and so you can also order it on the side to bulk up your meal if you feel like going all out. Hopefully I will be eating much more of it in 2016.



Favourite quote

As I went back to university I spotted this quote on Instagram. 'Work hard and be nice to people' became my motto for my final year. Working hard because its my third year was a given, but more importantly being nice to people gains you so much in return. Just being friendly, smiley or kind, makes such a difference, not only to your general appearance but to your personality and mind. I will continue to strive by this quote.






No comments:

Post a Comment