Monday 8 December 2014

What have I done this year?

So 2014 is coming to a close and its around this time we all begin to reflect on the year. There is currently a trend circulating on Facebook naming seven things you have done this year, so I thought I would share them on here first... here goes!



1. I kicked off my year with my 19th birthday (12th January) and went to see Les Mis on the West End. It was absolutely fantastic and I may have to say the best musical I have seen ever?

2. In March I visited one of my good friends at her uni in Cheltenham, unfortunately our other friend became very ill very rapidly, and no it was not due to alcohol! The weekend was spent caring for our mate, with a trip to hospital thrown in, whilst trying to avoid catching his illness. I spent a rather large section of the weekend on the phone to NHS direct, although it was all very hilarious constructing some sort of sleeping area in the corridor to avoid catching said illness which the doctors suggested was 'highly contagious'. Maybe 2015 will be my year to explore Cheltenham? (bar the hospital of course!)

3. I went punting in my university city of Oxford with a group of friends and luckily no one fell in! It is such a great way to see the city, and yes I did have a go although I was better at taking photos.

4. I passed my first year of university with a solid 2:1, kinda wish that year counted now...

5. I had the best cinematic experience of my life in May. On a whim, my mum and I went to see 'The Other Woman' in the directors lounge. With the choice of a drink from the bar and free popcorn, not to mention the sofa type loungers you sat on. Although I had already seen the film, it is so hilarious  which obviously made the experience so much better! I recommend it for a treat.

6. I went on my first holiday abroad without my parents. In August I jetted off to Malia with a bunch of friends and no, its not exactly how they make out in the Inbertweeners movie! Despite waking up feeling very rough each morning, I had one of the best weeks ever, filled with sunshine, fun and great company.

7. Finally I began to pursue my passion for writing. Back in May I decided I wanted to join the blogging craze and divulge my opinions over matters that are often interesting topics of debate, hence the name 'Those giant questions'. I have also recently submitted an article to the student newspaper here at uni and I'm looking forward to it being printed (fingers crossed!)

That was rather difficult trying to narrow it down! I recommend everyone should give this a go, even if its brief. Its always nice to reflect on the year you've had and what you've achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment